Innovating for Life Awards - neonatal category
Shortlisted entries for the Innovating for Life Awards - neonatal category
1. Audio-visual display monitor highlighting five infection control standards
The standards aimed at patients' visitors included thorough hand washing, rolling up sleeves to the elbows, and removing jackets, jewellery and watches.
Lead entrant: Ula El-Kafrawy, Consultant Neonatologist, Royal Bolton Hospital, Bolton
- Dr Robert Taylor, Medical Physicist, Salford Royal Hospital, Manchester
- Dr Natalie Francis, Spr Paediatrics, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Manchester
- Emaan Boussabaine, Medical Student, Imperial College, London
- Maysoon Badrideen, Medical Student, University of Liverpool, Liverpool
2. 'I See You' parent communication website
'I See You' is a baby to parent communication website to help parents stay in touch with their baby during the difficult months spent receiving treatment on the neonatal intensive care unit.
Entrant: Dr Susie Holt, Paediatrician, Wirral University Teaching Hospital, Wirral
3. Kangaroo Care - Knowledge, Innovation and Training (The Kangaroo-KIT)
An educational intervention for parents and staff to promote early skin-to-skin holding and kangaroo care for high-risk preterm infants.
Lead entrant: Dr Jennifer McGowan, Neonatal Researcher, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Medical Biology Centre, Belfast
- Dr David Sweet, Consultant Neonatologist, Neonatal Unit, The Royal Maternity Hospital, Belfast
- Prof Linda Johnston, Head of School, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Medical Biology Centre, Belfast
- Prof Joy Browne, Professor of Child and Family Health, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Medical Biology Centre, Belfast